From here on it's a waiting game and it seems like everyone has an opinion as to when the baby will be born. Most people the past week have asked how much longer I have and look shocked when I tell them 4 weeks today. Everyone that sees me says that I will not make it. Since Ellis has been such a surprise to us, the biggest surprise could be if we make it past the due date, which my doctor said could totally happen. I go back next Tuesday so I'm anxious to hear what's going on with our progress as it will be three weeks since my last appointment.
Let me cloud your mind with some thoughts and predictions: Remember the due date is 12/1.
My birthday is 11/11. I will be 37 weeks and 1 day pregnant. A man at work told me last Thursday that I would have my baby in 2 weeks, which is my birthday. I didn't put much stock into this but have since found out that he's told 4 different women at work a rough estimate of their baby's birth. Brad and I are going to Fleming's on my birthday (Brad has already made a reservation, so I hope that Ellis stays in until after our meal)! My dad said if Ellis comes beforehand, he'll kindly go with Brad to dinner while my mom keeps me company in the hospital so we won't have to cancel our reservations. Very kind, Dad! :)
Brad's brother's birthday is 11/27. I will be 39 weeks and 3 days. This is the day after the Iron Bowl so Brad would at least get to watch the game in his man cave.
My mom's birthday is 11/29. I will be 39 weeks and 5 days. The baby had been measuring 2 days ahead at the last measurement (20 weeks) so Ellis's due date per the latest ultrasound was on my mom's birthday!
The date that keeps popping into my head is 11/18 (one day after Elmo's birthday). I will be 38 weeks and 1 day. This is also the date of our office Thanksgiving Party. Once the party date was set, I felt sure that Ellis may arrive sometime that afternoon/night.
The date that popped into Brad's head was 11/24. I will be 39 weeks. Brad may be closest to the actual date as the doctor said she would not induce or schedule a c-section before 39 weeks. This could be the day if Ellis doesn't make his arrival beforehand. Brad did not know this info when he made his guess. I hate to say it but sometimes Brad is right.
The date that I would prefer if Ellis arrives early would be 11/20. I will be 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Why 11/20 you may ask? Because the new Harry Potter movie comes out on 11/19! I know if I don't get to see Harry Potter before Ellis arrives that I may not get the chance to see the movie in theater! This date also works well with my work schedule. :)
Remember my original due date was 11/23 based on my last period. Since the baby was measuring small at our 8 week appointment (measured 6 weeks 6 days) the doctor set the due date by the early ultrasound.
Dates that are not necessarily preferred:
Well Brad just got home tonight from a work beach retreat so I'm glad we made it through the past couple of days without any signs of labor!
Next week (anytime). I think baby needs to keep cooking and I need to keep working!
Harry Potter opening 11/19.
Thanksgiving 11/25.
Alabama vs. Auburn game 11/26.
Anytime in December. ;)
Got any predictions?!
I have no idea! All I know is that I can't wait for him to get here!
ReplyDeleteWe've already discussed this! And I said when Aunt Christy is in town! Please tell Baby Ellis! Thanks! PS - Love the new background!
ReplyDeleteI'd be more than happy to share my birthday with Baby Ellis....November 21. :)
ReplyDeleteML's due date was 3/10, but her ultrasound measurements set the due date at 3/6 (but they didn't change it since it was only four days), and...she arrived promptly on 3/6 at 5:56 p.m. So...I'm going with 12/1 :)
ReplyDeleteHmmm...I keep changing my mind on this. I think my final decision is Monday, November 29th, and I think you're going to be induced (or get a c-section). I'll post again later when I change my mind though! :)
ReplyDeleteyou crack me up with planning your baby around harry potter. i think we should somehow plan to have these babies on the same day - wouldn't that be fun? ;)
ReplyDelete