Saturday, November 20, 2010

Blue Moon

Tomorrow is a full moon. Not only is it a full moon, it is a blue moon. A blue moon refers to the third full moon in a season or the second full moon of a calendar month. Per Wikipedia which referenced the Farmers' Almanac, the next blue moon will occur August 21, 2013. As you can see, blue moons are not necessarily common occurrences. Tomorrow, Sunday, November 21, 2010, could be the day!

It is a common myth that more babies are born around a full moon. It has something to do with the gravitational pull-I've read online that often your water will break during this time due to the pressure/pull.

In saying this, there are several items that I didn't get around to doing today. I'm wondering now if I should hoist myself from the couch to complete my to-do items in case something happens tomorrow. But in doing that will I be fulfilling the "nesting" before delivery myth? Today I did take care of my beautification (pedicure and eyebrow threading). Now on to beautifying my house I guess.

My baby predictor guru at work told me on Friday that he did not expect to see me on Monday. Several co-workers told me bye and to text them on our way to the hospital this weekend. I even set up my out of the office reply until January 2011 on my email just in case! It has been a long week at work, Thursday night was especially tiring, worked a 13.5 hour day (after working an 11 hour day on Wednesday and a 9.5 hour day on Friday).

We'll see if the blue moon and the busy week brings out Baby Ellis!


1 comment:

  1. :)! Come on Baby Ellis! I'm waiting on pins and needles for my call!

    ReplyDelete