Sunday, November 7, 2010

Birthday Week


It's my birthday week and you better believe that when this week rolls around each year Brad just rolls his eyes. He's actually made the comment that he wouldn't mind if Ellis arrived this week just so he wouldn't have to hear "birthday week" every year. Doesn't he realize that it would be THE week of the year if Ellis was born during my birthday week every single year for the rest of his life?!

Today my parents made the drive up from Brewton to help me celebrate my 28th birthday (early). I woke up not feeling too well this morning so I called my parents to tell them to pack a small bag just in case. Fortunately, no signs of labor! It was so good to see them and spend time with them before the baby arrives. We went to brunch/lunch at Village Tavern (my idea, haven't been there since the night of Melissa's bday when I went home to tell Brad I was preggers), went on a practice run to the hospital (my parents are terrible with directions and I can see them totally missing the first 5 hours of Ellis's life as they are lost and looking for the hospital), got some last minute items from Buy Buy Baby, bought my birthday present, and ate some cake.

Sunday, November 7, 2010
36 weeks and 4 days pregnant
4 days shy of 28 years old


My birthday cake


Made a wish: We want a healthy baby!


My birthday present from my parents and Brad


Me and my parents


Me and my mom


Me and my Dad (and Bella had to be in the picture too)!


Me and Brad and baby Ellis



4 comments:

  1. Awey, I'm so glad that you had a nice, early birthday celebration with you parents. I am totally jealous of your present too! That will be great to have around to take tons of pictures or our little, handsome man once he gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like birthday week is off to a great start! And what a fantastic gift!! You are going to love that camera. And you look wonderful! 28 is going to be a very good year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooo a new camera! best gift! i'm right there with you on celebrating birthdays for a whole week - hope your birthWEEK is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Week!! I hope this is the best birthday week you've ever had!

    ReplyDelete