Sunday, November 7, 2010

First weekend of November

This first weekend in November we got a lot accomplished!

I keep thinking that this may be the last weekend before Ellis arrives and it keeps me motivated to try and get everything done! Brad claims that I'm nesting, but honestly I don't think so. He's claimed this for the past 10 weeks, but I think he wishes there was a reason for my madness. :) A month ago I had a minor freakout and he cleaned the microwave and scrubbed the inside of the refrigerator while I categorized and made sure all the bottles, etc faced the same direction. One may say that was nesting, but I've had the microwave/refrigerator meltdown in the past when I wasn't pregnant so I don't think that counts. The only odd thing that I did this weekend that I've never done is taken off our duvet cover, washed it, and then ironed it, but the ironing took place after the AL game-I took out my frustration on the poor duvet! I also ironed our linen table runner that's been in a cabinet unused and unironed for months now, as well as my pillowcases for the hospital. I really, really hate ironing, so maybe I am nesting?!

I made a list of items that we needed to do this weekend and we got all accomplished except one (take Brad's shirts/suits to the cleaners-could only do this Saturday from 8-12 and I didn't leave the house until the afternoon).

This weekend Brad:
  • put together the infant seat
  • installed the car seat bases in both of our cars; he even put in the sun shades in my car
  • purchased and set up the carbon monoxide detector
  • got extra house keys made
  • cleaned the bathrooms
  • vacuumed the stairs
  • got Bella's nails trimmed and bought her treats
  • went grocery shopping at Walmart on Saturday night at midnight
  • unloaded the dishwasher
  • installed our angel care baby movement monitor
This weekend I:
  • got my oil changed and new wiper blades
  • got my car washed and vacuumed so it would be clean before the car seat was installed
  • dusted and vacuumed our upstairs and downstairs
  • loaded the dishwasher
  • did 8 loads of laundry
  • ironed the duvet cover, table runner, pillowcases
  • packed the bags for the hospital
  • planted my pansies
  • put the linens back on the crib after angelcare was set up
  • paid all our bills
I told Brad that I honestly didn't think that we had anything else major to do! I think we're as ready as we are going to be! I'm so relieved that we were able to get pretty much everything done (but I think Brad is more relieved that he doesn't have a mile long list to do next weekend)!
A few miscellaneous pictures for putting up with this long post:

Friday, October 5, 2010
36 weeks and 2 days pregnant


Another view of my baby bump, or baby boulder at this point


I don't look too pregnant from the back, right?!


Saturday, October 30, 2010
Bella in her Halloween sweater


Bella kissing her daddy...
or trying to lick any Chickfila crumbs from his beard


Sunday, October 31, 2010
Bella and I passed out candy on Halloween (Brad was at the beach)
Poor Bella was pooped after an hour of trick r treaters!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm getting so excited! I really can't wait. That baby boulder is huge! I'm not sure how you're tiny self is carrying that around. You really don't look pregnant from behind either! You guys have gotten so much accomplished. I'm so proud of y'all. I LOVE Bella's Halloween sweater! She and I would have matched on Halloween. Give her a hug from the boys and me. Hope to see you all (including Ellis) very soon!

    ReplyDelete