Friday, March 2, 2012

Belated 13 Month Update

I thought if I started writing some notes every now and then that it would help me document Ellis' month.  I found this list that I had started for Ellis' 13 month update.  Don't worry, I'm going to do an abridged 13-14 month update since I'm so far behind but didn't want this to go to waste.

13 Month Update - December 22, 2011 - January 22, 2012
Ellis is doing more and more!  He is so much fun, it really does only get better and better!

I am constantly surprised at what he understands and does.  I'm not sure where he learns some of this stuff, must be at school?!

  • We were brushing his teeth and of course he loves to hold the toothbrush.  I told him he had to sit down to hold the toothbrush himself...and then he sat down!  
  • He gets into his blue car by himself and when I say honk, honk...he honks the horn!
  • He pulls out a wipe for him to wipe his hands on when he gets a diaper change.
  • He takes his wipe to clean his hands and his highchair tray when he's done eating.
  • He's now choosing some of his snacks, I'll show him a banana, applesauce and yogurt and he eats what he picks.
  • I was singing the itsy bitsy spider while changing his diaper and when I sang 'out came the sun and dried up all the rain' he put his hands above his head to signal sun (I'm sure I'm reading too much into this).
  • He sat in his chair to read Go, Dog, Go and I heard him say Go, GO, GO!!!
  • In Books a Million for the first time, he opened up a book and started clapping his hands, I looked down at it, and it was an Elmo book that said if you're happy and you know it, what else, clap your hands!  (I know, I know, I am so a conspiracy theorist)!!!!
  • He ran to a Yo Gabba Gabba book and flung his right hand in the arm and started saying, YO, Yo, YO!!!!!  I couldn't even find where the Yo Gabba Gabba book came from!
  • He will point at his nose when you ask him where it is and then pick it!

No comments:

Post a Comment