Friday, March 2, 2012

15 Month Well Baby

2-23-2012
15 month well baby appointment
Height: 31 inches (75%)
Weight: 24 pounds, 4 ounces (50%)
Head: 18 3/4 inches (75%)

Ellis' 15 month well baby appointment went well.  I had a list of questions for the Doc and I felt very satisfied with the answers!  Overall Ellis was very healthy and happy, but his parents, we learned, are pushovers and possibly are manipulated by a 15 month old.  Go figure!

Also, I think we may have won the award for most co-pays between well baby appointments!  They looked and from his 12 month and 15 month appointments, we came in 5 times.  FIVE TIMES.  So if you count from the last week in November to the last week in February, we went 7 times.  7*$25 copay=$175 - WOW!!!

We went back to a firm cry it out schedule and although E may wake up crying in the middle of the night, usually we can run in and pop in the paci and he will settle down.  We are sleeping much better now but still getting up in the 5 o'clock hour.  We are eating better, although not wonderfully, we were just at rock bottom so anything is better than that!  We are now back on our sippy cup and haven't touched a bottle in maybe 5 days?  Yay!  It was much easier this time and Ellis took much better to drinking milk from the cup.  The trick from the Doc=water in the bottle!!  Took maybe 3 or 4 days after that!

We are still in 18-24 month clothes, although some of them are big and long.  I am buying some 2Ts for the summer and hoping they will not be too big!  I upgraded us to size 5 diapers and I think they fit much better even though he isn't quite in the weight limit yet.  We are now in size 5 shoes.

We have gotten our 7th or 8th haircut, I have lost track since Brad has taken him the majority of the time.  I did take Ellis the last visit and everyone said, "Where's Brad?  Where's your husband?  How's Ellis?"  Like we are their best customers or something - which maybe we are?!  At $15 bucks a pop they better be nice to us, hahah!

We now have 14 teeth!!  I think this may be a the biggest contributing factor of our two months of miserableness (besides the flu).  I think at the end of 13 months he only had 6 teeth.  So in two months, E has cut 8 teeth, four of which are the bigger ones.  Yowzers!

We are now so happy to go to school!  As soon as we get to his door, he gets excited and runs in to his friends.  He waves bye and blows me a kiss and then he's ready for me to get out of there!  In the past week or so, when I pick him up he will run to me and give me the biggest smile and hug!  When he returned after a week of being out of school for the flu, he was SOOO happy.  Every Monday, he's really excited too.  What do the teachers have that I don't?  Oh probably a lot more patience! :)

We are trying to say a few more words, but have found that our pointer finger does the trick quite well, as does whining.  Ellis can point to his nose, ear, bellybutton.  He can point to the light, door, tv, refrigerator, book.  He has helped me load the dishwasher, throw away trash, and push the clothes into the dryer.  He has also run with a knife, licked the trash can, and closed the dryer door on his fingers.  He has said Dada, toy, book, door, yo, hey, this, that, uh oh (although you have to listen really closely to all of the above to understand other than uh oh).  Recently, he's been saying Bella, clock, duck, fish.  He's still signing more, milk and I'm pretty sure he's mastered all done.  If the all done sign doesn't work, then he will throw his remaining food off his highchair table to fully express that he is indeed all done.  Every time he sees a phone, he holds his hand to his ear and says hey.  He can now turn on the tv.  One day I told Brad, I just don't know how to switch from the TV, DVD, and Roku in our bedroom.  Brad did it for me and then threw the remote on the bed.  Ellis picked up the remote and then changed back the input.  Yes, I felt very dumb after Ellis showed me up like that!

I think this is all for now but I have uploaded 5 or 6  new posts tonight - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment