The appointment went well, the doctor determined that Ellis is head down and ready to roll! Ellis was definitely breech as his head was on my right side at our 28 week appointment and 4-D ultrasound. Prior to this appointment, I did notice for a few days that the kicks were more centered and higher (and not on my left side). Also, I had been having a a different sensation towards the lower part of my body that is explained as he is head down...hiccups! Ellis has hiccups pretty much every day! I know that he can flip and turn several times over the next two months, but the doctor said that by 36 weeks all but 5% of babies are head down. Let's pray that he'll stay head down over the next 9 weeks-maybe he'll be more cooperative than his daddy who was breech and never turned! Although I have been secretly hoping that he would be breech and a c-section would be absolutely necessary and the decision would not be ours to make.
Ellis had a strong heartbeat, but I got distracted and forgot to ask the doctor the bpm. :(
My stomach measured 31 cm, I was 30 weeks and 2 days.
Weight gain was 28 pounds...
Got the nurse to measure my height (after the depressing weigh-in), took my shoes off, and measured 5' 1 1/4" !! Yes, I have definitely grown an inch!! The doctor said that this wasn't necessarily normal but no worries as long as I was growing and not shrinking.
No pictures to share, I am hiding out from the camera. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment