I thought I should write a brief third trimester recap! Once the baby arrives who knows if I'll have time! With Ellis I did not nap when he napped, but this time around I fully intend to nap!! :)
This trimester has gone by pretty fast! March and April just flew by! We had our families up several weekends in March and then we took a quick babymoon to Destin at the end of the month.
Felt pretty good up until probably 30 weeks, then it's been going downhill. I was blessed with a miserably cold spring which pregnancy wise has turned out to be awesome!!!
Baby girl has been very active, I would say more so than Ellis. She has definitely slowed down over the past weeks which was worrisome but probably just due to a lack of room! She's measuring average (at 33 week ultrasound) but my stomach is measuring about two weeks ahead.
We did a 4d ultrasound outside of our doctors practice and the baby did not cooperate so I had to go back. We didn't get great pictures but there were a few, she definitely favors big brother!! She had her hands near her face, just like brother too! Her heartbeat has been right over 140 since the second trimester.
Third trimester stats:
Vomiting - 0
Ultrasounds - 3
Shoes - been squeezing my feet into my 6.5 shoes until 34 weeks. The past two weeks I've been wearing flip flops. Feet swell, especially on the weekend after pushing it too hard and after a long day at work! But at this point with Ellis I was wearing a size 8 shoe.
Maternity clothes - fit great until about 34 weeks. I now have three shirts that are long enough and loose enough to wear with pants, two long cotton dresses, and a few short dresses (but who wants to shave their legs)?! :)
Notable events - sweet baby shower lunch with some super sweet friends! Sweet work shower where Ellis was the star of the show! I was so proud of him with probably 40 adults. He stood with us, shook hands, talked about his baby sister and soccer, opened presents and walked around the room by himself holding the cards open to show off to everyone. He did have 4 cake bites and 1/2 a sprite. Plus after we got home he had a mild meltdown, but he acted like an angel in public! Our sweet boy is growing up!












No comments:
Post a Comment