Wednesday, May 7, 2014

First trimester recap


This pregnancy has gone by a lot faster than the first. I guess I haven't had time to dwell on it! Sometimes I have had to count weeks on the calendar to remember what week I'm on! The first time around I could say 8 weeks, 3 1/2 days pregnant. Poor second children! They are no less loved, but their parents are just tired! The first time around I could work, come home and stretch out. This time there's always something to do and someone to keep up with! I'll try and note some of this pregnancy's highlights.

First trimester: I had gone to the doctor in late September. I confessed that we were not in a place where we could commit to definitely having another baby! The next day we went to the beach and I enjoyed mimosas, mojitos, piƱa coladas, limearitas and beer. Keep in mind this was a three night only vacation. :) I definitely left it all out on the field with my favorite drinks! The next weekend we went to Alabama's homecoming and experienced the hottest game ever! I was so tired and miserable and achy after that game! On Monday I went to dinner with a sweet friend and had one of my favorite meals: martini, egg rolls, sushi and we split a Thai noodle bowl! Yum, but it really wasn't...the food didn't taste "right" to me. On my way home I stopped to pick up a test because I just had a weird feeling. Yes, I took a positive test! I let Brad put Ellis to bed before I broke the news to him! This time our reactions were reversed, I cried and was worried and he was so excited! 

We waited several weeks before telling our parents. I just wanted to make sure everything was okay, this second pregnancy we've been a lot more cautious. I think we still told them before our first appt. This time we had to wait 8 weeks, which is really a long time! Fortunately after an ultrasound before the appointment we knew our baby was measuring right on track, maybe two days behind? Heartbeat was 160+, just like when I was 8 weeks pregnant with Ellis. We sent our family this picture after our doctors appt (didn't realize until last week I had the wrong year)! Oops! 
At my next doctors visit we couldn't find the heartbeat using the Doppler so I had another ultrasound. Everything looked great, heartbeat still 160+.

We had another peek at the baby at the high risk doctor. I guess we weren't high risk enough because we only saw a nurse practitioner. Ultrasound tech could not get a good read gender wise on the baby. But this was the same place that told us girl with Ellis. Our ultrasound and blood work came back great, but we were at a higher risk rate this time around by the ultrasound and answers to the questions and our age I guess? But our blood work results looked great. I think the heartbeat was around 150+. I was disappointed that we didn't get a gender prediction, but happy for a healthy looking baby!

First trimester stats:
Vomiting- 3 
Ultrasounds- 3
Antibiotics- 2 
Maternity clothes- pants were maternity before I got confirmation we were really pregnant! Overnight I got a baby belly. Had to get two bridesmaids dresses resized! Eek! 
Overall feeling- tired, but tried to keep pushing through for Ellis' sake.
Notable events-birthday party for Ellis, wedding for Aunt Erin and Uncle Chris, wedding for my hometown friend Shelley and Jake, my 31st birthday, thanksgiving, Ellis' 3rd birthday, mom's birthday.

We tried to have lots of fun with our buddy and enjoy the last few months of being a party of three.











No comments:

Post a Comment