Monday, May 12, 2014

Nursery

In March, Brad's mom came up to help us with baby girl's nursery.  What a relief to have it pretty much done so early!! We first had to go through lots of stuff/junk to even have room to clean and paint! Brad's mom (and Brad claims he helped a lot too :) ) painted the ceiling BM white dove, the walls Sherwin Williams Swimming (reduced by 25%), hung the chandelier that Brad picked out, cleaned the window and blinds, hung the curtains, put together the furniture, and added extra shelves in the closet in about 48 hours! It was amazing! Fortunately, we are using Ellis' sweet Jenny Lind crib and mattress that my mom bought, the pottery barn kids changing table that my mom (and I guess Dad :) ) bought too, and a white iron full size bed thatmy parents bought me when I moved into "the pink house " my sophomore year of college! I decided to use pink and white bedding with aqua and some purple accents. I've loved Ellis' PBK quilt since he's moved into the old man cave so I wanted to go with a quilt and accessories that will coordinate once we take down the crib and have her sleep in the full size bed. I did buy some new shelves and two matching night stands from pottery barn kids! I was so happy with the nightstands, waited until I had a 20% coupon thinking I would pay $80 for one, but when I got to the store they had two nightstands marked for $50 each! I used a $50 reward certificate and applied my 20% off to the second nightstand so bought two but paid $40 total! That's less than two of the pink and white storage bins on the changing table to keep it in perspective. :) 
Really all that we are missing at this point is the rocker/glider that's currently in our living room until our loveseat is delivered that will go in front of the window and a wooden monogram over the crib once this poor child has a name! And maybe a few other accessories. :) Her closet is even more packed now than when the photo was taken in March! Girls are expensive! :) 

























1 comment: