Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Tonight was Ellis' First Halloween! It was so fun to be able to get out in our neighborhood and Trick-r-treat. We were not planning on taking Ellis out - I thought we would just pass out candy on the front porch like in years past but the neighborhood Facebook group sent out a message saying that there would be a parade starting at 5:45; of course, we had to participate although I will say it quickly went bust! The parade quickly broke up when the older kids started Trick-r-treating down the streets. We decided to stay out and let Ellis enjoy his first Halloween. We enjoyed our leisurely stroll around the 'hood. Ellis was the chillest pumpkin around! He LOVES his red wagon and was quite happy to be in it with a cell phone, a cup of water, some mum mums and his paci. It was the perfect night, not too cold and definitely not hot, and Ellis really enjoyed getting out in the neighborhood and seeing all the kids! I cannot wait until next year! Ellis makes everything more special, it is so fun discovering everything all over again through his eyes!


Waiting on the parade to start

'School crew'


Everyone had their red wagons out!


What you looking at? Not my mum-mum?!


Doing better on his sippy cups, likes the take and toss ones! Cheap and easy, but they definitely leak...



And they are off!


Go Daddy Go!















Ellis very first trick-r-treat





Standing like a big boy!


Trick-r-treat!




I love this picture! They look so sweet! Next year we'll be chasing them down the street!




Ellis and Mommy


Raise the roof!


Gimme some candy! :)


My pumpkin and me


I had to take a picture - I was so impressed with this pumpkin!




These boys are all within one month of Ellis:
E born in Nov, W born in Dec and M born in Oct



In this picture, I almost won the worst parent of the year award. While I was chatting away, Ellis was working on the top of a pack of nerds. He chewed open the top (did not eat the paper, just opened it) and I'm pretty sure he had an orange nerd or two.



Brad and I cracked up over this pic. We are weird, we know! :) That monster was scary!




If you are happy and you know it clap your hands!


Bella and Ellis were pumpkins






We (Ellis) got Boo-ed! Some sweet neighbor dropped this off for us! Ellis really enjoyed his cookies! In our 4 Halloweens here we have never been boo-ed. Ellis is just that popular I guess. haha.


I left our candy bowl out in case we missed kids while we were parading which was a good idea since we stayed out so long. But when we got back home we just found Starbursts. Is that not a cool candy anymore? Brad went candy shopping and got Snickers, Three Mustakeers, Butterfingers, Baby Ruths, Skittles, M&Ms...are Starbursts the least favorite among those choices?! :) Good thing I didn't put out all our chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment