Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ellis' Going Away Party

Ellis had his last day at his first school on Thursday, September 29. It seems like we can never have one life event without at least one other one shortly thereafter. The last quarter of this year will be marked with a new job for me, a new school for Ellis and a new car for the family!

Ellis has truly been blessed with wonderful teachers that love him - I just don't know if his new teachers will be as sweet to him! I'm sure they will but it is something special to see a tiny baby at three months and watch them develop their first year of life. I've been pretty emotional about this new transition (I even had my mom crying) so please think of Ellis and his crazy momma and daddy this first week of E's new school.

We had a going away party for Ellis so his friends and teachers could wish him well! I was happy to take mini cupcakes and ice cream to Ellis' class on his very last day (since they won't be able to celebrate with E's first birthday and he won't be able to celebrate theirs with them). These kids have been with Ellis since the beginning so it has been my pleasure to see them reach their milestones as well. E's sweet teachers made a scrapbook for him and presented him with his I'm One birthday book with sweet notes in it which brought tears to my eyes. My two favorite scrapbook pages are one that shows E on his first day of school with his hair sticking straight up and then a picture below that one of him sitting in his high chair like a big boy feeding himself green beans - the time has flown by. The other favorite is one of E by himself with a HUGE smile on his face and traced handprints from all his classmates around his face waving good-bye to him. We are really going to miss all of our friends at Primrose!

Ellis started signing this week - this is like when you have a hair appointment scheduled because you are frustrated with your style and the week before your appointment you have a great hair week - this new develop made us question even more our decision but we are so proud of Ellis! Ellis is signing 'more' - this is one variation of the sign.


Here he goes again - he's very precise with his pointer finger tapping the center of his palm.


We are really going to miss Ms. N! She's been so sweet to E, ever since he was in Infant I!


E and one of his friends


Ms. T is so great - E is going to miss her so much!


E and his girlfriend - we will see if long distance relationships can actually work...:(


Part of E 'hulking' up


'Hulking up'


He really enjoys ice cream - of course he does!


I love this picture - E really has the best time at school! I hope I see this same smile this week at his new school!


Me and my buddy!


Concentrating very hard on his plate of yumminess



The Infant II class


So precious


E and his Infant II teachers


E and a cutie!


So cute!!


E and his Infant I teachers - his crib was the one behind these two chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment