Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pink Eye(s)

That's right. Ellis has pink eye. He actually has pink eyes. hehe. Sunday before Brad's parents left, we noticed that he had a lingering tear and then gunky crud in his right eye. It progressed from gunky crud to slimy gunky crud, a swollen eye lid and red undereye circles by Monday morning. I took Ellis to school and let them know that I made a morning doctor's appointment for him. Fortunately, everyone thought it was a swollen tear duct so he was able to stay at school. Brad picked him up for his appointment and when the doctor walked in he immediately said pink eye, huh? I always thought pink eye was when your eyeball actually turned pink. Ellis' pink eye was more a pink eyelid. Ellis was given a prescription for drops AND we FINALLY got an antibiotic for our lingering cold/cough/wheeze-yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The daycare said that Ellis could return to school today but the nurse said that we should probably go ahead and put the drops in his left eye too just in case. Lo and behold what happens yesterday afternoon?! That's right the infection jumped to our other eye too!

When I got home from work last night I almost cried at the sight of poor Ellis. He looked so sad, his eyes were so crusty and so swollen. Fortunately, this morning the original red eye looked 1000% better, but the new crusty eye looked much worse. By tonight, we are looking a lot better, but not out of the woods yet.

I'm waiting on either me or Brad or both of us to come down with this. Waiting....waiting....waiting...

By the way, Ellis has the best daddy! Brad was able to take E to the doctor (which usually means a lot of waiting around), fill his prescription, administer the drops, and stay home with E (and give him a bath, bottle, naps, etc). Ellis is very lucky that his daddy can take such good care of him!

No pictures were taken because he was just so darn sad looking. :(

3 comments:

  1. :( Poor Baby! Hope he recuperates quickly, and that you and Brad don't come down with it! Missing you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby Ellis! I hope he feels better soon! And I hope you and Brad don't get it!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no, poor little guy! i hate he has that. hopefully he gets better soon and y'all can have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete