Monday, March 28, 2011

16 Weeks-17 Weeks

The past two weeks have been a blur! Ellis turned 16 weeks on March 14, 17 weeks on March 21, and 4 months on March 22! Whew! Poor Ellis has been pretty sickly during these weeks. :( He has been battling the day care crud for awhile, but he took a turn for the worst on Friday, March 18. Poor baby cried all night long, barely ate (HUGE warning sign), and didn't want to smile or chat at all (of course who can feel like partying when you have a nasty cough and snot pouring out of your nose, not me my friends)! I woke up early on Saturday to get ready to take E to the pediatrician. Fortunately, the sweet female doctor was on call so I felt less psychotic. She said that I did the right thing by bringing E in as he was exhibiting behavior that was strange for him (i.e. lack of hunger, few smiles, etc.). We also had our first projectile vomiting session (let's please note that it was on my Pottery Barn couch, oh and all over Brad). Fun times people, fun times. :) Fortunately, E just had a cold on top of a cold and his body was adjusting to the new strain of virus. Good news though, E will be pretty sickly for the next two years, but after that he should have perfect school attendance. No, seriously, the good news is that his chest was clear as were his ears!! I think we did pretty good by not making an 'emergency' trip to the doctor before 16 weeks!

Ellis went to back to the doc on Friday, March 25 for his 4 month checkup and shots. Poor baby got two in each leg and an oral dose. He was quite upset as the nurse had to rouse him from his catnap. E cried for 30 minutes straight once we got home and I had flashbacks to the colicky early days, yowzers! E weighed 17 pounds 3.5 ounces (down from 17 lbs 6 ou on Saturday) and measured 26 inches in length. He was in the 90% for his height and weight and his head was at 50% again (16 1/2 cm).

Brad and I have been struggling with our own sickness. Both of us have had throwing up episodes over the past two weeks. Also with E being sickly we have not been sleeping well. Fortunately, my mom came up this weekend to give us a much needed relief. I didn't have to change a dirty diaper this whole weekend-yay for me!

Here's some pictures from the past two weeks:


When my Grandma comes to visit, I get more wardrobe changes than diaper changes. :)
Sunday, March 27, 2011
17 weeks 6 days


How could my Granddaddy let Grandma buy this?!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
17 weeks 6 days


Please, let's get this over with!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
17 weeks 6 days


TIMBER!! Can't she tell I'm running away?!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
17 weeks 6 days


I'll show my therapist this one!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
17 weeks 6 days


Sweet Ellis
Sunday, March 27, 2011
17 weeks 6 days


Happy Baby!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
17 weeks 6 days


SOS - Help me!!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
17 weeks 6 days


Serious face
Sunday, March 27, 2011
17 weeks 6 days


Chilling
Sunday, March 27, 2011
17 weeks 6 days


I am up to something!
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
17 weeks 2 days


My mom had to get me some new duds for Spring-
I'm mainly in 9 months sizes now
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
17 weeks 2 days


Smiling at my Daddy
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
17 weeks 1 day
4 months old!!


Everyone loves to tickle me...one day I'm going to pay everyone back!
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
17 weeks 1 day
4 months old!!


I have been doing really well in my exersaucer at school, so the teacher encouraged my mommy to let me play in my toy at home!
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
17 weeks 1 day
4 months old!!


Now that I'm 4 months I can play in my Exersaucer!
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
17 weeks 1 day
4 months old!!


After a few weeks of boycotting the camera, we were able to catch some smiles this month!
Friday, March 18, 2011
16 weeks 4 days


Modeling for The Baubled Baby's Etsy Shop, Thank you Betsy for the onesie!!
Friday, March 18, 2011
16 weeks 4 days


Some tummy time on my boppy
Saturday, March 19, 2011
16 weeks 5 days


Relaxing outside after my doctor's appt
Saturday, March 19, 2011
16 weeks 5 days


Something was cracking me up!!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
16 weeks 3 days


Happy Easter!!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
16 weeks 3 days


Unfortunately for Ellis, I cannot resist the $1 bin at Target
Thursday, March 17, 2011
16 weeks 3 days




1 comment:

  1. Ellis is adorable...and very photogenic. Love the expressions and wardrobe changes. The caption about showing that photo to his future therapist made me laugh out loud. Love you guys and hope to stop by and see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete