18 Weeks - Rice Cereal = FAIL! At our four month appointment, the pediatrician was kind enough to give me a basic schedule for feeding and I thought we are going to be so successful at ending 'solids.' WRONG! The big feeding on Monday, March 28, 2011 didn't last that long and ended in tears and a mixed bottle. The rest of the week was so busy we did not try again. I decided that we would wait for E to turn 5 months.
I took a lot of photos thinking this would be a monumental night where E started sleeping 12 hours at night and didn't stir, popped in his own paci, heated his own bottle, changed his own diaper, etc., etc. :)
We visited the Easter Bunny at Once Upon a Time on Saturday, April 2. Ellis did surprisingly well, but he never actually looked at the bunny. We held E in our arms and slowly backed him into the waiting furry arms of the bunny. No tears were shed!!
19 Weeks - THE PERFECT WEEK: At our 4 months doctor's appointment, the kind pediatrician gave us an antibiotic for Ellis' infection. I believe that the medicine cleared up most of his infection and helped the baby feel better! We dropped Ellis' 9-10 pm feeding on Tuesday of this week and he did surprisingly well! He is now being fed around 7 am, 11 am, 3 pm, and 7 pm, give or take 30 min. He is eating 8 ounces at each feeding. Ellis would be put down to sleep around 9 or 10 pm every night this week and would sleep the whole night, no stirring at all! He would wake around 7 am, in such a happy mood. This week was pure bliss!! I think it was so nice because he was in such a GREAT mood too! All good things must come to an end...:)
Another mood enhancer could be Ellis' new girlfriend. Tuesday morning, the teachers told me that E had broken up with baby T to go steady with baby S. They said that baby T was teething and crying a lot and like a true man, E got freaked out by all the whining and crying and turned to someone who wasn't so needy. :)
This was a great week mood-wise, but you would not know it from these pictures! No big smiles were captured!
19 weeks exactly!!
The teachers at school loved Ellis' outfit from his Granddaddy Dubose!!
19 weeks - pm
I'm now obsessed with Smocked Auctions on Facebook!
I sat in front of the computer refreshing every other second to win this outfit!!
One day short of 20 weeks, playing in the 'fort' that Daddy made
One day short of 20 weeks, Graham came by to play with Ellis!
Graham was being so sweet and hugged Ellis several times. :)
20 Weeks - Rolling, Rolling, Rolling: Well it's official, Ellis has now surpassed Bella. Ellis has finally rolled over!! He went from back to stomach on Wednesday, April 13, 2011, at 20 weeks and 2 days!! Yippee!! The teachers said he did it all day yesterday and he did it last night too, just to prove it wasn't a fluke! He also did it this morning too (both yesterday morning and this morning he rolled on his tummy and he was 'telling' us to come and roll him back over) and the rest of the day, we are officially mobile! I told Ellis we are that much closer to receiving an A+ on our report card for our 6 month appointment with our pediatrician. :)
On Monday, April 11, 2011 at 20 weeks Ellis had his first taste of food. I decided to skip the rice cereal and dive into the real stuff. Ellis took to the Sweet Potatoes like a champ! Towards the end of the feeding, he would lunge to the spoon. I think it has helped that he is able to better hold himself up. Tonight, we tried peas for the first time and have had two major spit up sessions. The peas stink. Bleh! I gave Ellis a few spoonfuls of sweet potatoes and then snuck in a spoonful of peas. The poor baby made the most awful face, but being the little piggy we are, we still ate them! I stocked up at Walmart on apples, bananas, pears, more sweet potatoes, peas, and carrots. I'm going to try and go through all the vegetables before we start the fruit. Next Monday, I am going to start sending food for Ellis to school so he will be eating solids 2 times a day! What a big boy!!
20 Weeks and 3 days
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Wearing our Alabama jersey, hoping all goes as planned and we can meet Greg McElroy at Ellis' School's Spring Fling tomorrow!
Baby E is just too cute! Glad to see you are taking to being a mom so well.
ReplyDelete