Over the past week and a half, I have to give her credit for one more thing she's been right about, but I am going to list the other tidbits she's given me in no particular order below (what can I say, the Academy Award speeches inspired me). :)
1) The Twilight series - yes, she gave the the thumbs up on this series (we had previously bonded over our love of Harry Pottery). She talked up these books, the next day I saw them at TJ Maxx and the rest is history. This could be my favorite tip she's given me.
2) Colic could be helped with the Sensitive formula - I came to see her four weeks after Ellis was born and complained about the incessant crying at my house. She said her sister's 3 boys all had colic and the sensitive formula helped dramatically! I think she was right. After Ellis stopped having b'milk and the Similac Advance, he's done so much better on the Similac Sensitive. I will note that she suggested sensitive formula based on goat's milk, which we have not tried.
3) Shelter dogs - she said that rescue dogs make the best pets, she is totally right, Bella is the best dog ever!! In fact, I think that Bella is so good, that no dog could ever compare.
4) Tattoos are painful - say what?! I was briefly contemplating experimenting (for about 5 seconds) until she explained in great detail that tattoos are done with multiple needles going into your skin at the same time. After the process was described, I thought I was going to faint. So much for my tattoo. I even got her opinion on locations, but all my locations = the most painful spots. Brad suggested a henna tattoo, but that is so not legit. She why she's my guru? :)
So here we are to my most recent piece of advice that I've found beneficial...
5) Hair loss after pregnancy = 3 months. Like clockwork, she was right! I'm finding strands everywhere!
Note: Brad was reading this as I was typing and he is jealous that I do not have an Ode to Him. Be on the lookout for this post sometime soon (like when pigs fly). :) Who knows, maybe if he would double up night duty I could type one out!
***New Post Below***
it's true! my hair is falling out like crazy, too. i'm sure i will have to have tim unclog the shower drain in the next week or two. ;)
ReplyDelete