Saturday, March 5, 2011

14 Weeks

We can call the 14th week, the week of the bad mom. Please, no comments necessary to contradict this statement are needed to make me feel better/or worse. I'm sure after reading this you won't hire me to babysit. Don't worry I don't like changing diapers anyways. So there! :)

This week Ellis made me eat my words (or previous 13 week blogpost). Guess he takes after his daddy, huh?

In the last post, you can recall me mentioning the little lovie that Ellis adored. Well one night, which was actually Brad's night, Ellis woke up screaming. As it was 6 am (btw, Brad and I need to clearly define the "night," the joys of being married to a lawyer), Brad turned over and told me to go check on E. I slowly dragged myself out of bed cursing Brad (aloud and in my head) and went to pick up Ellis. To my HORROR the lovie was firmly planted on.his.face. OMG! Obviously, Ellis didn't know how to remove this suffocation item and was loudly letting us know it. Needless to say, when I hear that terror pitch scream I will in the future hop out of the bed and run to his room (and we are no longer letting him sleep with his lovie).

Speaking of running into Ellis' room, Brad did this during this 14th week. You may remember me mentioning in the last post that Ellis has been scooting down to the bottom of his crib. Well one night (that was also Brad's night, I promise, my night is every other night too!), the Angel Care Monitor went off. Actually Brad's flinging the covers off and running to the nursery woke me up before I could process the beeping from the monitor. I being the bad mother that this post is about, rolled over in our bed and waited for Brad to scream for help. As he didn't scream for help (signaling that nothing was wrong), I fell back to sleep. No worries, it was just a false alarm!!! Ellis had wiggled down to the bottom of his crib, with his head and feet touching the skinnier parts of the crib and the sensor didn't pick up on his breathing down there.

You may also remember me bragging on Ellis' 4 hour eating habits. Well the 14th week signaled the return of some 3 hour feedings. I noticed last weekend that Ellis seemed fussier than usual around mealtimes and so I mentioned this to the teacher on Monday. She said they noticed that last week too and would feed him when he seemed hungry this week. Well this week was more consistently at 3 hours. I think he must be going through a growth spurt. I am anxiously awaiting our appointment in 2 weeks to discuss food, the teachers think that will help a lot since E is such a big boy, fingers crossed!

The 14th week was the first time that we have left Ellis to go to another City, State although it was for only 10 hours. We traveled to Atlanta, GA to Gilla's fabulous engagement party!!! It was a mini-wedding! The cake and petit fours were delicious, as was the food buffet (I helped myself to TWO plates). Unfortunately, do to some medication I didn't drink from the OPEN bar, I know, I was really sick right?! Anyways, Ellis stayed with my parents who came up for the night (we made it back to Bham at midnight, but it was so nice to have a night off).

I would also say the 14th week has brought about Ellis' first true cold. He is coughing more and is sounding more congested. It is so sad! But he has no fever and still wakes up smiling and takes all his bottle. Poor little man! He's been sleeping well, even with all the congestion.

I hate to say too much more for fear that I'll get paid back for any statements in his 15th week! I will say that this 14th week has been a lot of fun too. Every night I hold Ellis and sing and talk to him. Brad says most of my song words are wrong, but Ellis seems to enjoy it anyways. I even pulled out the very famous, Achy Breaky Heart song. I was looking at Ellis' mullet and the mood just struck. Ellis has been talking a lot more to me this week, much to the disappointment of his Daddy. If "hello" is Ellis first word, then "ah-ooooo" is his second word to mimic (although it's not really a word, maybe his first double vowel coo??). This week, I would look at him and say "ah-oooo" and E would repeat it back to me. He even did it for his Daddy, just out of the goodnesss of his heart.

Sunday, February 27, 2011
13 weeks 7 days
Small 9 month outfit bought at a Fall Consignment Sale for $15!!


Roll


Tide


Roll!!



My $3 elephant hat purchased at my last consignment sale



Sunday, February 27, 2011
13 weeks and 6 days
With Granddaddy and Grandma


Ellis and Granddaddy
First visit together since Christmas!


My Grandma is crazy, seriously. :)


Saturday, March 5, 2011
14 weeks and 5 days
Patiently waiting in my bumbo for my bottle wearing my new monogrammed onesie from my Self cousins.


My thighs are filling out this seat pretty well, not sure how much longer we'll fit!


My mom is breaking all the rules by putting me in this seat on the kitchen island, what a rebel!


Close-up of Ellis' hands while he was still (very rare)!


Ellis' left foot

No comments:

Post a Comment