On Wednesday, August 11, I hit the 24 week mark. Yay!!
On Monday, August 9, I had a doctor's appointment and my glucose screening test. I had been worried all weekend and really for a few months about having gestational diabetes. In my What to Expect When You are Expecting and my Your Pregnancy Week by Weeks books I had all the signs for gestational diabetes so I was a little concerned. I didn't have anything to eat or drink (even water) after midnight and I went into my appointment with a lot of apprehension (and severe hunger pains). I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted the Orange or Fruit Punch drink (yes, I know, I have a lot of worries in my life, huh?). I had a pro con list and either one didn't sound too appealing. I was leaning more to orange as I like Sunkist more than fruit punch so I really wasn't expecting the nurse to throw in a lemon-lime suggestion. Of course I picked the clear lemon-lime and it was wonderful (no color, like a Sprite on steroids)! I had to wait an hour and then the dreaded finger prick. My score was an 89, I just had to have under 140! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! I celebrated that night w/a Blizzard! The nurse also checked my iron level, I needed a 35 and I had a 37! Guess all the hamburgers have helped!
The rest of the doctor's appointment went really well too. We got to hear Ellis's heartbeat-150 bpm and the doctor measured my tummy and we were right on track at 24 cm=24 weeks. It's crazy to think that my belly should get 16 cm bigger by December 1!
Speaking of growing, I've grown!!! As you are aware, my shoe size, ring size, weight (18 pounds in 24 weeks, fyi), etc has been affected by this pregnancy, but so has my height!! We went home to Brewton this weekend and I walked by a wall at Brad's house that we had all measured our height on a few years ago. My height made it on the wall in September of 2008. For some reason, I stood against the wall and compared my height and I had grown about an inch! Of course Brad didn't believe me so he measured me and the proof is in the pudding below! At this rate, I may hit 5'3"!! How cool??!!
Ellis's Byrne Grandparents bought Ellis tons of clothes and baby stuff! Little man is all set from birth until he graduates to 6-9 month clothing! He's going to looks so handsome in all his gear!
Ellis's First Bath Towel and Washcloths (also from Brad's parents)-isn't the puppy cute?!
Some basics that Ellis's Dubose Grandparents have purchased-again, Ellis's wardrobe rivals Brad's. :)
That's it for now!
Ellis is just racking-up cute stuff! It is easy to see he's going to be spoiled rotten. :) I can't wait to contribute to the spoiling!
ReplyDeleteSo crazy that you've gotten taller! If you make it to 5'3", you'll be as tall as me. Ooo, maybe I'll grow taller when I'm pregnant too. I can dream!
So glad to hear all your test went well, and that you're right on track! He'll be here before we know it!
XOXO
What to Expect is a good guide for lots of things, but it's a "worst case" in a lot of ways too. Don't let it stress you out!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the bump! It's super cute! I can't wait to see some nursery pics - I know it's going to be precious!
you made the right choice with the lemon-lime flavor. i had it last time and had no complaints. this time they gave me fruit punch and it was HORRIBLE!
ReplyDeleteYou look PRECIOUS!!! Glad everything went so well at the doctor. Ellis really did get some great stuff. Hope to see you soon :)
ReplyDelete~Gilla