It's been a few weeks since the last post, but some exciting (well to us) things have been going on!
Baby News:
I FINALLY first felt Ellis kick the day I turned 21 weeks (July 21, 2010). It felt like little thumps. Ever since then, I've sporadically felt him move. Last weekend, he was moving all over the place trying to get me up so he could be fed, as he is usually fed promptly at 7 am and it was gasp, 8:30 am! I think that he may not have that much patience when it comes to food and hunger (I must say I am the world's worst about dinner time and Brad is a close second).
Brad first felt Ellis kick at 22 weeks (July 30, 2010). We were laying on the bed and Brad had his cell phone out and he was playing a song that a client had made for another attorney at the firm. I'm slightly mortified that the crazy's client 6 minute song was the first time that Ellis responded to music and that the song is anchored in our memory as the first time Brad felt him move, but going forward Brad will need to pick some better jams for baby so he can develop a good taste in music! Brad will be happy to play the song for you at any time for your enjoyment. The chorus was: "love, respect. love, i got that."
Brad and I were watching Friday Night Lights on Friday, August 6, 2010 (23 weeks) and Ellis kicked hard twice. I quickly motioned for Brad to feel and Ellis kicked two more times. It was the most powerful kicks so far! I can't imagine how a 8 pound baby would feel kicking!
At 22 1/2 weeks, I suddenly got a burst of energy. When I say burst, I mean I feel better than I have in a long, long time! I stayed up working in the nursery until 11:30 pm three nights in a row! It was amazing! I'm not sure if it's because the nursery is starting to come together and I know it has to be set up before he comes or what, but I am enjoying getting a few things done and am hoping this will continue for a few more weeks.
I go to the doctor tomorrow and will take the gestational diabetes test (dreading it)!!!!
21 weeks (July 21, 2010)
22 weeks (July 30, 2010)
Nursery News:
The crib, mattress, and all the bedding and accessories that were ordered have come in! We spent a Friday night a couple of weeks ago putting together the crib. When I say "we" you know who that means! Brad was a good sport and put the crib together in no time!
Brad hard at work
My contribution
What a good sport!
Final product! Special thanks to my mom who ordered the crib and mattress for Ellis!! Brad kept walking into the nursery and saying he really like the crib, but he really, really liked that it was free! Typical!
Elmo came over to look at the nursery and she was a big help in encouraging Brad to move the queen size bed that we're keeping up in the nursery. She was so sweet and even crawled under the bed to dig out all our luggage and random bags that we've tucked away under there! She and Brad moved the bed to one spot in the room and later that night around 10 pm, I made Brad move it a third location! It has now found its final resting spot much to the relief to all parties involved!
Monogrammed pillow shams for the big bed
Queen size bed that we're keeping up in the nursery. We actually had all the bedding! The blue silk bed skirt, euro shams, and pillow were all part of a blue scheme I was doing at one point and the white duvet cover and shams I had from another phase. The monogramming was all that was needed to freshen up the look!
Shopping News:
Yesterday I went to Babies R Us to purchase some gifts for three mommies to be! I also bought a few things for baby! The saleslady was visibly startled and several people behind me changed lanes once they heard I was buying items off three registries and for myself. I needed a cold beer after that trip!
Below are my top 4 reasons baby stores stress me out:
1. There is only baby stuff in there! #1 leads me to #2.
2. 90% of the customers have a baby and/or one more rugrat, a husband, a stroller and a shopping cart. There is not enough room for all of the above in one small aisle along with all the other mommies, babies, husbands, and carts.
3. The other 10% of the customers are as clueless as I am and just linger in aisles and are in the way!
4. Crying and whining come from all directions and people aren't embarrassed about it! At least at restaurants, parents usually try to console or step outside when the babies reach their breaking point. Not in a baby store!
With all of that being said, baby stores are THE place to get all the essentials! They have everything and more than one brand and multiple colors, types, etc. You just have to go there to stock up! If you aren't knocked up, then definitely plan on having a cold one afterwards!
This weekend at Babies R Us, all the Gerber onesies were buy 1 get 1 50% off. The Carter pants and little booties were 30% off too! Ellis is all stocked up on "the plain white t-shirts" and lounging pants!
These booties were too cute to pass up and I couldn't decide on one color!
Ellis is going to have monkeys and lions in his nursery!
My mom bought the outfit for Ellis and I bought the monogrammed booties! He may wear this home from the hospital!
I was so excited when I found these size organizers at Buy Buy Baby. I was wanting to make size dividers for the closet, but for $4.99 I couldn't pass up these! I am such a dork!
The glider was ordered yesterday and should be in Birmingham in 4-6 weeks! I can't wait for it to come in, it's so comfy! Not sure yet if Brad will be allowed to sit in it as it is white. Yes, white!
That's all for now! If you made it to the end of this post, then you deserve a cold one! :)
Don - I just can't wait to see the nursery complete. I know it is going to be presh because you have the BEST taste! Oh, and I love the monogrammed booties! I hope all went well with the diabetes test!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Megan Robinson :)
All of Ellis's stuff is so cute! I'm so excited you guys have been feeling him kick! Yay! I'm almost too excited for words. :)
ReplyDelete