
Just under 6,000 view championship trophy at Gardendale Walmart
By Kent Faulk -- The Birmingham News
January 10, 2010, 3:58PM
Quote from al.com article:
"Just under 6,000 University of Alabama football fans today got a chance to get their photo taken with the football team's new piece of hardware - the national championship trophy.
The Coach's Trophy was on display at the Walmart in Gardendale today. The tour is sponsored by Dr. Pepper, the presenting sponsor of the trophy.
Fans began lining up early Sunday morning for the event, which began at 10 a.m. inside the Walmart. By 11:30 a.m. the crowd was so big that authorities had to close off the line."
Fortunately, Brad and I made it to the Gardendale Walmart (a solid 30 minutes away) by 11 am to stand in line (for what I thought would be a 20 minute wait as that was the wait time in Tuscaloosa the day before) to see the trophy. Brad gave me 1 hour to wait in line, but that hour turned into 1 hour and 40 minutes before we actually caught a glimpse of the trophy. We actually didn't have time to stare at the trophy long before we were herded in and out to have our picture taken, but I think our picture was worth the wait. Side note: Brad may have a different opinion on the subject. He would be more than happy to share his thoughts on the topic, but not in the blog forum as they may be in appropriate for small children. ha!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1tEsDOGZuY&feature=sub
ReplyDeleteI thought you might enjoy this! I love that y'all went! :) RTR.
Love the video AMP! I hadn't seen it, so thank you for sharing! I would have much rather been in CA for the game than to get my fix at a Walmart!
ReplyDelete