Saturday, January 9, 2010

#13

Rollllllllllllll Tideeeeeeeeeeeeee Rolllllllllllll!

After suffering through years and years of bad football during my college days, this year finally paid off! I am so proud of our team and coaches for bringing home #13! "Remember the Rose Bowl we'll win then!"

The most thrilling game of my college career was on October 1, 2005 (don't worry I googled the date, I am not one of THOSE sports fanatics) when Alabama played Florida who was undefeated and a #5 ranked team. I had almost missed this game due to circumstances that will not be disclosed, but I pulled it together to cheer on the Crimson Tide, even though most agreed that it would be an impossible task to bring down the Gators and Chris Leak. We stomped Florida that day and the final score was 31-3. If I hadn't gone to Grad School, then I would have missed that game. Yay for continuing education! :)

Watching Alabama stomp all over Florida this year during the SEC Championship game was an even sweeter victory and bringing home the Heisman Trophy and winning the 2010 National Championship game was the perfect ending to the perfect season! In my mind, this year erased all those bad memories of our obnoxious neighbors in the east of the state holding up their fingers for all those years. Bama is back and we'll hold up some fingers of our own: 1 on one hand and 3 on the other!

Bella modeling her Alabama sweater (purchased by Grandma Byrne) during the National Championship Game



In response to our Christmas card photo (and Bella's outfit), my great uncle Earl and great aunt Sara's said in their Christmas card note: We are so glad to see you are bringing up Bella the right way...Roll Tide!



I feel pretty confident in saying that our children will NOT be going to the other school in the state. They better go to our alma mater-or else! Actually, I am shooting for Harvard, Yale, and if they have to go to an SEC school, then maybe Vandy, but we'll see. :)

1 comment:

  1. Don! Roll Tide Roll girl! So excited about big number 13 for the Tide . . . it's a good time to be a Bama fan!!! Absolutely love Bella's sweater . . . I need to get some of those for Ally and Bama!
    Roll Tide girl and it was great to get to talk to you the other day! Take care and I'll talk to ya' later!
    Love ya',
    Erin

    ReplyDelete