So my Ladies of Beaumont went fairly well-at least it's over! I had invited all the ladies in the neighborhood (approximately 80) and about 10-12 showed up, which was a good number for our monthly meetings. We drank our sweet tea cocktails (Sweet Carolina, aka the generic Firefly, mixed with lemonade. Now I understand why Gilla brings those lemonade packets!) and ate and discussed the goings on in our 'hood. :) Brad was very sweet and came home early and started baking the mini sandwiches and the cheese dip and I really could not have done it without him. To repay him for his kindness, he was given 2 sandwiches, 1 drink and was then booted upstairs for 2 hours!
Last night I went to see the midnight showing of New Moon with Grace and Kaitlin at the Summit (if you don't know what this series is about, then we need to talk and then you need to go home and read the books and then you'll understand!). Although I only had four hours of sleep last night before it was time to get up for work (probably a personal record for me; wait take that back, one time at E&Y we worked until 2:30 am and then came to work by 8 am too), IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT. TOTALLY.
This weekend celebrates one year that Bella's been in our life. We got Bella the weekend before Thanksgiving last year. Time has flown by, I can't imagine life without her. However, I do remember how nice it was to leisurely eat dinner on the couch in front of the TV without interruption!
This weekend is also about seeing friends. Yay! Baby Shower for Riley Beth on Sunday, dinner with Erin the Enforcer afterwards, then girl time with Christy. Yay! I could be hoarse on Monday!
Hope everyone has a great one!
August
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment