I don't cook. I don't like cooking. I don't like cleaning up after cooking. I truly don't like the whole cycle of cooking.
Another point of the cooking cycle that I may have overlooked before that has now been forced to the forefront of my dislike of cooking...shopping for ingredients!
Now most of you know how much I enjoy shopping. I shop for gas (cheaper near where I work!), I shop for clothes, I shop for home furnishings, etc. I just love to shop-for me, for you, it's actually more fun for me when I'm shopping with someone who is spending their own money-this is for you Elmo. But lately, I have been so frustrated shopping for groceries!
Most of my frustration has been at Target-yes, I'm calling you out and right now I'm sticking my tongue out at you too!! Tonight I had hoped to make a yummy Wild Rice soup for Brad as he's been in Montgomery for two days and is finally home, but I was thwarted by the Red Bullseye, i.e. Target.
A lady at work has been giving me some great, simple recipes. She is very patient and doesn't roll her eyes when I ask very, very specific questions. A few weeks ago I used her easy chicken pot pie recipe that called for chicken (used a rotisserie chicken and pulled off the meat), 2 cans of Veg-All, 1 can of cream of chicken soup, and some milk. As there was no way that I was going to make a homemade crust, I purchased frozen biscuits and baked them on top...yum, yum good!! Anyways that recipe was made all the more difficult when I discovered that Target was out of Veg-All. Really? I've never personally purchased Veg-All, but I've heard about it, seen it, had it, so I didn't think it was that elusive. I finally found the Veg-All at another store and Brad and I really enjoyed the easy chicken pot pie!!
Tonight, I met my match with the most elusive ingredient. Darn you cans of Campbell's Potato Soup!! Who knew that you would be that hard to find?! Target was completely out and they didn't even carry the Target brand Potato Soup! Then went to Fresh Market...no luck. I thought surely Walgreens (hey, our Walgreens has everything!) wouldn't let me down, but no luck there either. Although I was 0/3 I still feel like the majority of the blame rests with Target. Also I very rarely make 3 stops to look for anything...I really wanted that soup. I'll have to go to a real grocery store tomorrow to find my 2 cans of potato soup. :( Cue the violins!
Brad and I enjoyed some roast beef sandwiches (purchased at Fresh Market, you thought I was going to cook after all of that?!) and some salt and vinegar chips...like yall even care, but at least we didn't starve! :)
Side note: Bella just contributed this lovely comment on her family's blog via her chin on the keyboard while I was typing this post: "poo[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[0-p"
I think she's jealous she doesn't get any yummy food...we love you too Bells!
August
10 years ago
I love this post. You are too cute. I feel the same way about our Wal-Mart, but it is so close and convenient, that it is usually where I go. To be honest, I would have stopped after two places, so you definitely went the extra mile! I'm sure Brad appreciated the roast beef sandwich. Besides, it is the though that counts, right?! I will have to try that chicken pot pie recipe. It sounds delicious. By the way, just give me a call when you need potato soup. David loves it, so I keep our pantry stocked with it!
ReplyDeleteyou crack me up. i'm sorry your cooking efforts were thwarted (best word). if you and brad lived in AUBURN i would definitely cook for you. ;)
ReplyDeletei have a creamy chicken and wild rice soup recipe to share with you. it's delicious and pretty easy to make! :)
ReplyDeleteI have an EVEN easier chicken pot pie recipe...but it does require potato soup instead. It's sooo good!
ReplyDelete