Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tomato

It's been so rainy and blah that I haven't spent much time outside in our side yard. I had just gotten back from having a pedicure with Elmo (my first pedicure since the day before our wedding, yes, our wedding has been over one year ago-don't you feel sorry for me?!) and Brad had banished Bella to the side yard for having run off while they went on a walk. I stepped outside to make sure Bella was okay and I saw a little red surprise-my first ripe tomato!! My dad had given me some tomato plants when I was home back in July and I planted them and waited on my plant to blossom. I waited and waited and waited and nothing. I had pretty much given up on them. As it's now September and I am totally over my spring petunias (which are somehow still alive, well somewhat still alive) that were planted in April and into my happy white fall mums, I just haven't been regularly watering and attending to my spring plants on our side yard. I guess the plant has been getting plenty of water since it's rained everyday for the past weeks! Anyways, I am so excited that my plant has grown some yummy tomatoes! I hope the green ones will hurry up and ripen!

The Lone Ripe Tomato
a.k.a. Dinner Tonight



The Multiple Green Tomatoes
a.k.a. Dinner in the Future


No comments:

Post a Comment