Sunday, September 20, 2009

Luther Burger

On this blog, I know I drone on and on about what I'm doing, blah blah blah. Well this post will be dedicated to Brad! Yesterday, Brad decided to make a "Luther Burger." What is a Luther Burger you may ask (although Brad loves to tell everyone that appreciates food as much as he does what it is)??? A Luther Burger uses glazed donuts as buns. That's right folks, glazed donuts hold the burger together. You may be wondering how did this horrible injustice to our arteries occur?? Well the stars all aligned for Brad on this one. We had Daylight Donuts yesterday instead of our normal Chick Fil A for breakfast. Robert came over and brought hamburger patties to make for the game. We had gotten so many exciting donuts yesterday (sprinkle, strawberry, blueberry, swirl) that the one plain glazed donut was left untouched. Robert made plenty of patties and when Brad went to get his 2nd, he spotted the donut box. Insert hamburger patty in between the sliced pieces of the donut. Brad even added cheese, ketchup and mustard and was quite disappointed that we didn't have any bacon (apparently bacon is a key ingredient to this type of burger that was a favorite to Luther Vandross, hence the name, the Luther Burger). Brad really enjoyed the burger and made me and Robert take a bite. I have to admit, it wasn't that bad, even with the condiments!

How did Brad find out about the Luther Burger you may ask? He first heard about it on an episode of the Boondocks where one character opened up a restaurant serving the burgers. We also saw the Paula Deen episode where she made homemade donuts to use as the buns for her Luther burger-it looked divine!

I didn't get to snap a picture of the actual burger before it was devoured so I found an example of what it looked like:



****NEW POST BELOW****

No comments:

Post a Comment