Okay yall. I hate making decisions, especially dinner decisions. "I don't care where we go" is pretty much my standard response whenever making dinner plans, especially with friends. It's not that I don't care about going to dinner, I love catching up with friends and I love eating out. It's that I hate suggesting ideas and places because I never know if it's really 100% okay with the other person. This is a personal problem I know. Well this week I threw out a dinner suggestion and it wasn't totally F-A-I-L, but it could have been. :) Last night Brad and I had a wonderful night out at dinner with our really good friends who were visiting from out of town. I suggested Superior Grill down on 280 as it was close for both of us (and selfishly Brad and I had been craving Mexican food). Brad and I have been there several times and the last time we went we sat outside. Since the weather has been so pleasant I thought that sitting in the bar area would be a great idea! Well, let me tell you that may be the last time I go and sit outside on a Thursday night! That place was hopping (way too much excitement for me)!! There were so many cougars on the prowl, it was scary!! There was more dancing (and I'm talking dirty dancing) than I've seen in awhile!! It was fun to watch, but I would not want to be there with just my girlfriends (we had our guys with us so we were pretty well insulated from any awkwardness). We decided to call it a night once the band started dropping f-bombs (yeah, totally true) and hackling the crowd. Anyways, we had a great dinner with a great couple, but I may not throw out a restaurant suggestion for awhile!
On a side note, the sweet friends let us borrow their Season 1 of True Blood. I am so excited to get into another show! Our "shows" are all on hiatus until 2010: LOST and Friday Night Lights. We also got into 30 Rock (we watched Season 1 and 2 in a week on our streaming Netflix) but we are waiting on 30 Rock Season 3 to come out. Of course I am up for any reality trash, but that doesn't really count as a true show. BUT, I don't think the True Blood vampires are as appealing as the Twilight vamps (ahhhh Edward Cullen!).
That's it for now.
Oh, one more thing-the king size bed is great, but sometimes I wonder if they make a bigger bed?! After digging my elbow into Brad one too many times and sighing heavily (which I admit could be a passive aggressive tactic to get him to move over), Brad had to tell me that the reason that I didn't have room in my king bed is because I was literally in the center of the bed and not on my side. He told me he would happily get me a king bed and put it in another bedroom, after which I stopped elbowing him and made sure I was in my half of the space.
Happy Friday!
August
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment