The cutest memory I have from before we moved into our neighborhood is when we would visit our house (in progress) almost daily back in the Summer of 2008 and see two kids, a girl and a boy, each standing on their second floor balconies, talking, laughing, reading to one another until the sun went down. Fast forward four years later and I see those two sweet 'kids' standing waiting for their bus in the morning, four feet away, not making eye contact. Wow, it is amazing how much can change in four years!
Now, Brad and I are know as Ellis' mom and dad, titles we are proud to have. I guess we used to be called Mr. Brad and Mrs. Donielle (only by some) since we were out and about with Bella a lot before Ellis. Let me tell you, this is no longer 'our' house, this is Ellis' house. Usually as soon as we step out front of our house, we hear squeals and the whirling/scratching/pitter patter sound of the scooters/rip boards/bare feet coming to our house to play with Baby Ellis. It is quite entertaining. One Friday night, two girls (11 and 9) actually bickered back and forth about who pushed Ellis in his blue car longer. Seriously. But they are so sweet and anyone that's a fan of Ellis is a fan of mine! :) Although it could be awkward at times, they told me when Ellis had HFMD round 1, they could hear his screams pierce the night as they played outside. They said when we would go by your house, we could hear him screaming really late at night and he never cries so he must have been really sick!
With all that being said, I really enjoy our Friday nights. Usually we rush home from work, eat something quick or leftovers and then rush outside to see everyone and play. Sometimes we've stay out until 9 pm - shhh, don't tell the parents!
Two of Ellis' biggest fans actually asked Brad the other night if Ellis could spend the night with them in four years, when he was 5/6. Brad reminded them that one would be 15 and the other would be 13, they would be much too cool to stay with a 6 year old boy. The girls thought about it and agreed. :) But then one told Ellis, if I was only 2 or 3 years old I WOULD be your girlfriend. Good grief, I'm in trouble.
Wanted to share some pics taken over the past few weeks, in between all of our sicknesses. The blue car belongs to a dear friend and unfortunately is not Ellis'. Although, this would be a good present in the next year or two. At least we would know he liked it!
Ellis gave the car a full inspection
Cutest couple ever! Yes, she's a slightly older woman but that's okay!!
One of our neighbors took this picture with HER phone and texted it to me...she is 9.
She told Ellis to pose and he turned around and looked like this.
Nothing beats a Popsicle and some side walk chalk on a Friday night.
PS The stain did not come out.
Car Part 2:
This time Ellis actually stood up and pushed the gas button a couple of times, what a big boy!!
Another day, another girl...
Another picture taken by a young neighbor - I really liked this one!
Sometimes, it is nice to have a relaxing Friday night inside...
No comments:
Post a Comment