Diapers - I upgraded Ellis to a size 5 earlier because I thought they fit better around the waist, but it seemed like every time I changed his diaper, it would be bunched up around the bottom which in turn caused some bad spots and diaper rashes. Sticking with size 4 now since you get a little more for your money and to see if this helps our problem.
Clothes - I had been so used to buying up for Ellis that I truly think that he's wearing a size down from what I've been buying. I would say we can still fit into 18 month clothes, but we can wear 24 months and 2T. We are in a size 5W shoe. Size 5 is been popular for Ellis - he has 8 pairs of shoes in this size...in January he had two pairs of shoes that fit (Size 4.5W).
Drinking - We are still drinking Lactaid whole milk. This is not as expensive as the formula (duh!) but it is a lot more inconvenient to get at the store since we need 4 or 5 cartons. For some reason, most places do not sale the whole milk Lactaid in the gallon size. We may test the regular whole milk waters in a few months. I would say that Ellis drinks about 6 or 7 ounces at each sitting (hard to tell since we are on the sippy cup). He has maybe 3 1/2 cups when he's at home and who knows how much at school. He will drink some water and will gladly drink juice when it is offered.
Eating - Let's not even talk about this. We like bananas, pancakes, fruit, saltines, goldfish, cheerios, M&Ms, cinnamon rolls, you get the point. We are pretty much a vegetarian junk food eater. Seriously.
Personality - Of course I think Ellis is a clown and he is rarely timid in front of us - he loves 'talking' to the kids in the neighborhood, saying hey to strangers, etc. but his teacher at school said that he doesn't 'talk' that much at school compared to some in his class. She agreed that he's fiercely independent and has a mind of his own. She said that he's a cuddle bug and loves to snuggle when he wants to but really prefers to do his own thing most of the time - watch out single ladies in class of 2028 - future heartbreaker! Ellis loves to laugh, read his books, thoroughly enjoys bathtime and still cannot live without his paci. Ellis of course is obsessed with the TV, the computer, cell phones, and BALLS!! He gets so excited whenever he sees a BALL! He's got a pretty good arm too! He also knows what 'no' is. We have reached the age where we shake our head no. Ellis is very ticklish and is tormented by Brad every single day. :) He's favorite place to be is outside!
Teeth - We have 8 bottom teeth (teeth 5 and 6 finally cut through, it was so weird to see a gap between 3 & 7 and 4 & 8. We have 8 top teeth. 16 teeth for a 16 month old. Ellis loves brushing his teeth - good thing since he has a sweet tooth.
Illnesses - One doctor's visit so far - sinus infection. I had forgotten what projectile vomiting (3 times) was like. Don't bet on us keeping our stat at 1.
Words - I'm going to rank these in order of importance for ELLIS: Ball, More, Bella. Favorite signs: MORE (he now signs and says 'Mo') and please (please is a new 'word' and it is precious)!!!
Anatomy - He can show you his head and hair, eye, nose, tongue (still working on mouth), belly button, foot. When you ask him to make a funny face, he can! He also hulks up (fists balled, face strained).
Sleep - Ellis goes to bed around 8 pm and he's been waking up between 4:45 am - 5:15 am. Put him to bed later - wakes up at the same time, maybe earlier! He started putting himself to bed at 7 pm the week of the time change, I thought, wow, he'll wake up at 6 am when we spring forward - WRONG!!! He's been sleeping through the night (with the exception of the last 10 days but he is sick).
Memorable stories -
-One morning at 5:15 am, Ellis had finished his milk and two mini pancakes, I had washed the dishes from the night before and was throwing random things up in our kitchen cabinets to clear the counter tops and Ellis spotted the leftover bag of M&Ms from his birthday party. He pointed at the bag and signed more. I told him no, it was 5:15, he could have some banana if he was still hungry. He shook his head no, signed more, kept pointing at the bag and said 'mo' 'mo.' I said NO Ellis, it is 5:15 am, you are not getting M&Ms. He gave me the saddest, biggest eyes ever and signed 'please' 'please' on his chest. The little joker got 6 M&Ms...I just wasn't strong enough to tell him no. :)
-Ellis has been giving the sweetest kisses on the lips! He started this a few weeks ago. He leans in, puckers his little lips, opens his mouth and goes in for the kill. It melts my heart! It is the sweetest thing ever!!!! However, he only gives you a kiss when he wants to, not every time you ask. Sometimes, he'll cover his face and shake his head no when you ask for one and he's not in the mood.
-I was singing the itsy bitsy spider to Ellis and he started making the spider motion with his hands - it was amazing!! When I sing it to him, I always tickle him by having the spider walk up his chest, so this is something that he's learned at school.
-One morning he was in a foul mood on the way to school. I popped in his favorite CD hoping to make him smile and stop screaming since our coffee machine has decided not to turn on anymore and we haven't gotten a replacement yet so Mommy isn't in the best frame of mind either. :( When If you're happy and you know it came on (which is one of his favorite songs to smile and clap to), he sat their with his arms crossed. When the part came on if you're angry and you know it stomp your feet, I swear he kicked his feet. He definitely knows what kind of mood he's in.
These pictures are from the past few days - enjoy!
This month has been so much fun with Ellis. We are in awe of all the things that he does and how he responds to us and his surroundings. He is such a special boy and we can't wait to see what he learns next!
No comments:
Post a Comment