Today was my last day at home before going back to work (well Monday is a holiday so my official start back to work day is Tuesday 1/18/11). E and I had a pretty productive day: we went to visit his teachers at school and then went to the bank to open his first savings account (and I actually took a shower and straightened my hair).
E's two teachers were shocked at his size! They both commented what a big boy he was. One teacher walked over to the car seat to pull off the blanket so she could get a good look at his body. They asked me twice how old he was. The Infant 2 teachers heard them and looked over at E too and said what a whopper I had! I guess I haven't had a chance to see E next to other infants his age so I was shocked at his size compared to others in his class (six weeks to 8 months). He was as big (well looked like it to me) as two 5 month old girls. Since he was in the 95% last doctor's visit for his height and weight I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, but E is a chunky monkey! I'm anxious to hear how much he has gained at his appointment on Monday. On an unofficial note, I stepped on the scale holding him and then again without him twice and the first time the difference was 14.0 and the second time it was 14.4 so we'll see in a few days.
E's two teachers were very sweet and encouraging about a schedule! They said that they would work hard to get E on a routine and settled. They asked me how often and how much he was eating. They made me feel really, really good about having him on a 3 hour feeding schedule already, they pointed out that two babies in the class were on a 2-2 1/2 hour schedule when they started, but the teachers stretched it out to 3 hours. They even pointed out a little boy that was not on any type of schedule that they whipped into shape. This made me feel much better! When I told them he was getting 6 ounces, they both looked surprised! They said 6 was a lot (I saw them feeding 4 to a 3 month old little girl), but they said that he was a big growing boy and maybe needed that much (I stop feeding him when he pushes it out of his mouth so a lot of times he gets only 5 ounces give or take). In other news, E ate at 10:30 last night (was fussy until midnight so he didn't go down until then) and didn't wake up for food until 3:53 am! Although I didn't get sleep during the entire 5 hours and 23 minutes between feedings, 3 hours and 53 minutes of sleep was pretty dang good!!!
I'm actually excited for E to go to school and have new experiences and make new friends. Not excited about all the germs and sickness he's going to pick up, but I feel much better about the school situation (now ask me again when he actually starts in February). :)
Since E was still asleep I decided to take my chances and swing by the bank. I opened up E his first savings account with some money he has collected from generous family members. Brad and I may be asking E for a loan one day. :)
Well you've humored me by reading this post so you at least deserve some pictures!
Super handsome in my thermal t-shirt, corduroy pants and new balance shoes!
Excited about school!!
Can't you tell it's time for my Mommy to go back to work?!
My new shades: I'm too cool for school!
No comments:
Post a Comment