Monday, April 12, 2010

Man Cave

As promised, some pictures of Brad's Man Cave. For those viewing that are not friends of ours, please don't rob us. It would make the Byrne's very, very sad.

Entrance to Brad's room. I saw this sign at Siebel's in Homewood and thought it was perfect. I thought the colors of the sign were a little girly (sage green and a mauve), but the salesgirl said it was camo colored inspired so therefore very masculine. haha!


Mounted projector and rear speakers. We don't have an overhead light, but we have an overhead projector! I think Brad did a very professional job of hiding and minimizing the cables and cords.



Side table with all of Brad's "stuff." He actually arranged the shelf himself. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about the charger cradle for his remote downstairs anymore! The remote was purchased after visiting my cousin Jamie and her husband David's house. Thanks David! :)


Front of the cave. View of the homemade screen. Brad made the screen himself for about $30. It is actually a piece of sheetrock. Brad wanted me clarify, our screen is actually 92 inches, not 80 inches. Pardon the discrepancy!


Shot of the screen without the camera flash. The "home screen" of the screen is normally related to X-Box.


Side chair and mini-fridge


Back of the Man Cave. Already "lived-in."


Brad "posing" in his room. Hopefully this room will satisfy Brad's 28th Birthday Present (4/15/1982). Happy Early Birthday!!


Hope you enjoyed a preview of the room. We're still tweaking things, but it's pretty much done! Feel free to join us for any football games or movies!

6 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of the "man cave". Is that what used to be the "Alabama room"? If so, I have something to add to it. It looks amazing! I can't believe you guys bought the remote. I have actually learned to use ours (mostly), and I am better at putting it on the charger than David is. David definitely needs a "man cave" of his own. For now, the office/guest room will have to suffice. I can't wait to come watch movies on y'alls 92 in. screen! How dare you get the dimensions wrong?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don, I love it! Brad may have to share some night and let us have a movie night :). Great job, guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks just as good via internet as it did in person! Bella looks pretty comfy too! Happy early birthday Brad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great!!!! A girls movie night is definitely in order! Happy early birthday to Brad!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool! 92 inches is some serious stuff. so do you ever see brad now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Charles is SO jealous! His dream of a man cave has been stolen by Ruby Kate. I am pretty sure that he is okay with it now though. He got pretty excited when he was able to control the scanner when we were registering for baby items :)

    ReplyDelete