Monday, April 5, 2010

Some Updates

Hello y'all! Sorry it's been so long! It's been a disappointing month and a half blogging wise, but I promise to do better!

Man Room: Brad was given the green light to create his Man Room. I have to give it to Brad (and his mom that helped)-it is so cool!! I told him it was going to be renamed the Family Room because I am going to hijack it...if only I knew how to turn everything on! There are too many electronics in that room that are beyond my grasp! Our "screen" is almost 80 inches long, Brad's idea of heaven! Brad's mom (i.e. the Easter bunny) gave Brad a stainless steel mini fridge to go in the room as well (I may never see Brad again)!! The room is not quite finished as the projector has not been hung, the lighting is not complete and the furniture has not been moved up, but it's getting there! All the speakers are in place and are mounted. There are 6 plus a subwoofer. It really does sound like a movie theater in the tiny room! We were able to watch Lost in HD last week (sitting in makeshift seating) and it was really cool! We are sooo excited about football season! Pictures to follow later!

Max (my parents dog 9 pound dog): Max was bit by a rattlesnake on Thursday. My parents were frantic. He's been at the vet since then, but was released today! It was touch and go for awhile, but Max is a fighter!! The snake bit him probably twice on the face which make it impossible for him to eat or drink for several days. He did receive one vial of antivenom, which was a mere $500 (minor compared to the total bill), but it saved his life. Go Max!

RIP Diet Coke: For my health, teeth, wallet, I had to say good-bye to my friend. We broke up on Monday, March 22, 2010. It's been a hard breakup. Two Wal-Mart trips later and I am not missing the weekly $7-24 pack! It was becoming an addiction!

Yogurt Mountain and TCBY: I was late to jump on the Yogurt Mountain bandwagon, but it's mmm, mmm good! TCBY-thank you so much for opening up a location (with a drive thru) on 280!! Yeah!!!!!! Can't wait to cool off with sweet treats this summer!!

That's all for now!

3 comments:

  1. I just told David about the man room. He is so jealous! Poor, little Max. I'm so glad he is okay. Most shocking thing about this post is your break-up with diet coke. I still have never been to yogurt mountain. I just suggested going to my friend last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hang-out in the "man" room. We will have to take over and watch girl movies when Brad is out of town. Also, the TCBY has made me SOOO happy!! Let's make a TCBY run soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man room looks great! Had fun with y'all today!

    ReplyDelete