Sunday, December 11, 2011

Santa Claus is Coming to Town 2011

This year was Ellis' first to see Santa...remember the dilemma last year about taking my newborn out in the wild? Everyone shot down my idea to take him and Bella to PetSmart since I thought there would be less germs. Boo!

Anywho, Ellis has been lucky enough to meet Santa THREE times. You could say this voyage could be compared to Goldilocks and the Three Bears. We were trying to get it just right. I believe that Ellis discovered the first Santa was just right. Let's note for the record that my poor mom didn't get a picture of me with The Man in Red until I was three...just one more piece of evidence that Ellis is not scared of anything...this can be a good and bad trait - for now it's a good one! :)

The first visit with Santa was at Ellis' school on Wednesday, November 30. We purchased the digital file and they shared with us every pic that they took! I found little things to pick about but in the end, those pics captured Ellis smiling and looking like he was having a good time. A lady at work mentioned that her boys were going to wear pjs, a tradition that she had picked up from another lady...I couldn't resist doing this too, since the school could change him after the pic and since I had ordered the perfect pair of pjs.





The next visit with Santa was Saturday, December 10, 2011 at the Bass Pro Shop. I had heard that the pictures with Santa were great at this store but there was usually a horrendous line. I can confirm that yes the line was massive. Maybe even more annoying than the line that Brad and I waited in at the Gardendale Walmart to see the 2010 National Championship Crystal football. It was fun though - the Santa and decorations were beautiful!!


The last visit with Santa came tonight, December 11, 2011 at Zoolights. We went with the Chang's to the Zoo. Brad and I had gone several years ago with the Hendrickson's (pre-kids) but this time around it was more fun (no offense to the H's - hahha)! Ellis just makes everything more fun (no offense to Brad - hahaha)! Santa really wasn't doing scheduled pics, we just happened to catch him surrounded by some kids and made sure Ellis got a pic with him before he left.

Enjoy the non-Santa pics taken this weekend too:

Before we left to see Santa
Ellis got this adorable outfit from my mom for his birthday - the boy looks good in red!







In line at the Bass Pro Shop
This is probably after waiting in line for 10 min (out of 45 min, not too bad), I had already pulled out a cookie bribe. :)



After the Santa pic
Ellis is really getting around - you'll see that I was able to take very few shots of him just standing in one place, looking at the camera and smiling. There was too much to get into!









Ellis and my mom let me walk around the whole store with these on my head;
I had forgotten that I had put them on and I thought they were my sunglasses. Argh. Ellis is much cuter in them!

Ellis at his first visit to Zoolights - he's so happy to be there! :)

The view


Our family pic of the night

Sleeping through the petting zoo


Woke up finally and was able to pet Ginger, the baby deer


Ringing the bell after the train ride





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pictures with him in his PJ's with Santa! That is the best idea! Ruby Kate is jealous that Ellis has gotten to see Santa so much :). I also LOVE the fact that you wore the reindeer antlers all around Bass Pro Shop. I seriously laughed out loud when I read that. Ellis is going to make Christmas SO much more fun this year! I bet he is going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete