Today I am 17 weeks! I am in the second trimester, although I must say that I expected to have more energy at this point.
This week has been interesting at work. On Monday, I had my first "oh when are you due?" exchange from a total stranger in the elevator. A sweet (but random) girl watched me walk into the elevator and gave me a big smile and asked when I was due. Sign #1 I am a big heifer!
Yesterday, I had another awkward exchange, but this time it was in the ladies restroom. A lady stretched out my shirt so she could get a good look at the bump, but at least she didn't actually rub my belly, right?!
Today I must have looked exceptionally plump because several ladies passed by me and said "oh my gosh, you are pregnant!"
Also after I returned from lunch today, I think I may have felt the baby kick. I'm not 100% sure, but I'll be on the lookout for the same feeling tomorrow. I thought it would feel like tiny butterflies fluttering lightly...to me this felt like a solid thump, not graceful fluttering. It could be my imagination, but the books say you should be feeling something soon, so who knows?
At this point I have sent Brad out on a midnight run (well it wasn't midnight, but it was 9 pm-thank heavens for a 24 hour Walgreens!). What goody did I request? Milo's sweet tea and lemonade! This concerned Brad a tiny bit as one of my favorite big girl drinks is vodka flavored tea mixed with lemonade and/or lemon vodka mixed in sweet tea, but he went along with the request. Maybe the lemonade craving is partly due to the fact that I haven't had a lemon martini in awhile?!
A new must have in my life is my snoogle pillow I picked up from Babies R Us. In the mornings after I get out of the shower I sometimes catch Brad resting on it. It was worth every penny and I only regret that I didn't purchase it sooner!
16 weeks
You look so great! I'm loving the baby bump. I hate how your body is like public property when you're pregnant. Anyone and everyone thinks they can come up and rub you belly! I usually don't, but I feel like I may entitled since I am family! :) I am so glad you finally posted a picture. I know I'm going to see you in a couple of days, but I wouldn't have wanted to wait any longer to see how cute you are!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the updates!!! I love catching up on how you're doing and everything going on in Birmingham. Can't wait to meet the little lady :)
ReplyDelete~Gilla
P.S. You look PRECIOUS!!!!
You are too cute!! I love your bump!
ReplyDeleteDon, you look amazing!!! We need to catch up soon!! Love ya', Erin
ReplyDeleteYour baby bump is WAY cuter than mine :)! Charles HATES my body pillow (it could have something to do with the fact that I jokingly named it Shawn just to annoy him), so you should enjoy the fact that Brad likes to snuggle with yours :).
ReplyDelete