Last Tuesday morning, January 31, was the last time Ellis got to hold his bottle. Much like finally crying it out, this was a decision made in the heat of the moment. Don't laugh, but my goal was to get him off mid-January per the instruction of an Uncle that said that his MIL a long time ago told him to wean my cousin when the Farmer's Almanac had the moon (I guess) in the stomach or below. I consulted the Farmer's Almanac the weekend before Ellis was born (hey, I was desperate and anything that can give a pregnant woman hope you grasp at it) to see when the full moon was and was delightfully happy and surprised when I found out that the day before Ellis' birth was not just a full moon, but a BLUE moon. Anywho, the dreaded FLU thwarted my best laid plans so Ellis got to hold onto his bottle for a little longer.
To be honest, this past week has been horrible (other than the not touching the bottles). Ellis has consistently woken up at 3 am and cried for 2 hours straight. Not so much fun when the alarm goes off at 5:30 am, 20 minutes after you've finally fallen back to sleep. I am contributing last week's outbursts to Ellis no longer getting 8 ounces of milk before bed. He barely drinks any milk out of his sippy cup. Depressing. I've been told to give it another week or so and he'll be slurping the milk out of his cup - we'll see! For now, I'm just going to remain optimistic about my days, weeks, months with out bottles!
Although this pic was taken a few days before bottles were outlawed, this is the face we've been waking up to...
No comments:
Post a Comment