Sunday, July 17, 2011

1st Trip to the Beach: Destin, FL June 2011

Ellis went to the beach for the first time the last week of June. My parents rented a condo in Destin and of course Brad and I jumped at the chance to take Ellis, at 7 months, to one of our favorite places ever! We knew it would be a little different this year with Ellis, but it wasn't too bad! It was nice to have multiple hands to help with Ellis and we were still able to relax and soak up the sun! Ellis really enjoyed his visit, he wasn't scared of the water, the sand, the people, the new place, etc. We had a great time and can't wait to go back next year!!

Sorry there are so many pictures, but since I have only printed out pictures of Ellis the few times I've been told by his school that he needs some pictures, I think I should just upload to the blog! I uploaded these pics nightly while at the beach but got a little busy when we came back so I just haven't posted. :)

Ellis and his Granddaddy hanging out. Hiya!




Uncle Parke! So handsome!



Grandma/Mimi/whatever Ellis decides to call her :)


My brother and Mother


Dad, Parke and Mom



We decided to take a few pics after our professional pics were over.
Brad was grateful he was the photographer and Ellis conveniently took a nap.



First time on the beach!

So cool!

Mom and Ellis in their coordinating outfits - gotta love teal and white!

Raise your hand if you are having fun at the beach!

So serious

Happy baby!





Ellis took several long naps on the beach!

Ellis definitely explored his new surroundings!


I'm fallling!


Ellis and his Daddy



The boys have the same look on their faces - I think Ellis makes the same expressions as Brad.


One day we had to come in a little early due to this, but the weather did not really bother us at all!






I'll taste anything - even sand!


Ellis loved rubbing the sand in his hands - who knows what these precious hands will do someday.


Ellis would scoop up handfuls of the sand!



Ellis modeling his onesie that we bought for him in New Orleans.





No comments:

Post a Comment