Tuesday, May 10, 2011

21-22-23 Week Updates

See post below for how we spent our 21st, 22nd and 23rd week - sick with, coping with and recovering from bronchitis.

In the midst of all the sickness, Ellis has learned some new tricks.

In these two weeks, Ellis discovered his feet. By discovered I mean, he loves touching them and pulling on them. Fat boy has yet to stick one in his mouth, not sure if he's flexible enough to do that or maybe his gut is in the way too much. :)

Ellis has discovered his belly button. He will sometimes stick his finger in and then laugh. It's pretty cute, if I say so myself.

Ellis is still rolling, rolling, rolling (only back to stomach). In fact, on Easter morning, he rolled out of his swing. Yes, the swing has a harness and yes we are using it now, but no I did not have him strapped in. Bad mom of the year award goes to me. But, two of the pediatricians saw him do it on the table and both commented on how good he rolls. Yay Ellis!

Ellis has rolled stomach to back. Just once that I've seen. It was on the bed and it was on his 22nd and one day birthday. And it has yet to happen again.

Ellis can lunge toward his bottle and stick the nipple in his mouth. Please note that his eyes light up and he goes crazy whenever he sees his bottle. He can get quite frustrated when you don't give it to him as fast as his little heart desires. It has gotten so bad that he starts whining when he sees me with a bottle (even if it's just picking it up to take it to the sick, washing it, etc). A few times he's started crying once he's drained his 8 ounce bottle dry, as if he's not done.

Ellis is now eating 3 times a day (twice at school, bless their hearts, I LOVE his teachers) and once at home around dinner. Ellis is getting four 8 ounce bottles a day (except when he was sick, he was getting 5). Ellis has tried sweet potatoes (his favorite, he also lunges to the spoon), carrots, peas, squash, green beans, apples, pears, bananas. He will eat anything. He loves food. I would say though that the squash may be his least fav, followed closely by the green beans. He will eat all his peas, I'm so proud!!

Ellis wants to be a big boy. No more just laying him on his back, oh no, he wants to be standing up or sitting up. Ellis started sitting up really well at 5 months, even his teachers commented on how well he does. He would much rather sit than be on his tummy. We are unable to use his swing or vibrating seat as he cries and tries to pull up. He's even done this in his car seat a few times, I think we may be headed to a regular car seat sooner than later! His favorite thing is the exersaucer and sitting in his bumbo or highchair. He still enjoys bathtime, although he's started wanting to sit up in the tub as well.

Ellis is an observant baby, he likes to check everything and everyone out. He is still nosy and likes to listen to people talk and follows them with his eyes, the teachers say he's got to know what all is going on in the classroom. Ellis is independent and not too scared of many things. He is very friendly and loves meeting new people. Ellis came to work one day with me for a little bit and met a lot of my co-workers and got passed around and around. Everywhere we go people comment on what a good baby he is. He's very good in public, when we get home after an outing, he usually lets us have it. :)

April 29, 2011
22 Weeks and 4 Days
We wore this cute outfit to school and came home looking still so fresh and so clean!



April 29, 2011
22 Weeks and 4 Days
We wore some big boy clothes out to dinner tonight!


Too bad this is a little blurry, but I thought it was cute!


Bella is truly a diva. Ellis will have to learn that he just can't compete with her. :) I did not pose Bella, I did tell her to sit because she was running around so much, but she sat right next to E and put on her best 'smile.'


May 1, 2011
22 Weeks and 6 Days




May 8, 2011
23 Weeks and 6 Days




***New Post Below***

1 comment:

  1. I have been missing the blog updates! I miss you guys big time! We need to get together soon! I can't wait to see that sweet, happy baby. Bella looks so proud to be sitting next to her handsome brother! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete