Brad and I outside the Ritz
(Before the Rehearsal dinner and the debauchery that followed...just kidding, I kept it Classy!)

Posing for the camera-some majorette habits die hard! Ironically, this was the cheesiest pic we had to take, the photographer kept cutesy shots to a minimum!
(Before the Rehearsal dinner and the debauchery that followed...just kidding, I kept it Classy!)

Posing for the camera-some majorette habits die hard! Ironically, this was the cheesiest pic we had to take, the photographer kept cutesy shots to a minimum!
August weddings might be my favorite. Brad and I married in May and we had several reasons for doing so: the pleasant weather, the small chance that a hurricane would strike in LA at this time of the year, the 13 months we had to plan our wedding, the lack of a busy season, etc. We had wonderful weather and had everything planned and weren't stressed about work and I would not change a thing!! BUT, I love August weddings. My parents actually celebrated their 34th year of marriage yesterday. I have previously been in an August wedding (sweet Leah and Ben) and I just think it's the perfect time of the year to celebrate! This past weekend, Brad and I (and Bella) traveled home for Mary and Radcliff's wedding. The weekend and the wedding were absolutely perfect!! On Friday we had a yummy bridesmaids lunch and it was great to meet all of Mary's sweet friends and bridesmaids. The rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, an Ole Willy's party and a White Horse trip followed that night. Fortunately, Brad did not have to hose me down with the water hose after our late night White Horse trip and I was able to enjoy my Oaks Burger and crinkle fries on Saturday for lunch. Side note: the Oaks restaurant wasn't supposed to open until today (August 31st) but nosy, persistent people in Brewton kept knocking on the door and the restaurant finally caved in and allowed people to come in and eat! On another side note: both Brad and I, as well as both sets of our parents also indulged in the yumminess (yes, I am categorizing us in the nosy, persistent group of people)!! I had actually been very disappointed that we weren't going to be in town for the opening, but the unofficial opening was just as good!! Okay, back to the wedding story...
Not trying to put too much out there about Mary, but I think this is the cutest thing. The bride and groom's mothers were sorority sisters and were actually in each other's weddings, but the bride and groom had never met until law school! This thought just makes me smile!! I love all my bridesmaids, especially my pledge sisters, and I think it would be the cutest thing ever for my child to be a part of any of my friends' extended families (as long as everyone is on board for my daughter's Christmas wedding). ;) But seriously, it was such a fun, special wedding and I am so honored that I was able to be a part of it.


Dirty D! You have a blog! So cute!!
ReplyDelete